Gearing up for a cold winter? One of the most important measures you can take this year is to prepare your vehicle for hazardous road conditions ahead of time – and not after you’ve barely survived the year’s first freeze. Here are some winter car preparation tips to get you started:
- Make sure that your vehicle is caught up on all routine maintenance, including oil changes and any inspections.
- Top off all your fluids, especially windshield wiper fluid.
- Inspect your tires thoroughly, ensuring that you have plenty of tread, and consider installing winter tires.
- Test out your heating system, especially if you haven’t used it since last winter. You won’t want to discover that it’s broken once it’s too late!
- Update any emergency gear you have in your car for the winter – perhaps adding a warm blanket, a snow shovel, and a cozy hat.
- Lastly, purchase some deicer fluid and a top-notch ice scraper, and prevent a frosty, icy windshield from ever making you late for work this season.
And of course, pay close attention to the weather forecast, and if possible, avoid dangerous, icy roads as much as you can. To learn more, visit us at Nissan of Lake Charles.