One of the most important, yet often overlooked, aspects of vehicle maintenance is washing. Follow these steps for how to properly wash your car.
One of the most important, yet often overlooked, aspects of vehicle maintenance is washing. When you let dirt and other debris linger on your car’s surface, it can eat away at the finish and potentially cause corrosion. Regular washes can help avoid this unfortunate circumstance, and here at Nissan of Lake Charles, we love clean, sparkling cars. Follow these steps for how to properly wash your car.
- Use the right cleaning materials. Make sure you use the right kind of soap on your car and not just dish soap. In fact, dish soap could strip your car wax and dry out plastic or rubber pieces.
- Use clean cloths. Microfiber cloths are a great choice for washing your car. Make sure they are clean and that you have a lot on hand, so you can switch to a clean cloth every so often.
- Use two buckets. To get a clean, swirl-free finish, use a two-bucket method. One bucket holds the soapy solution and the other is clean rinse water. After a pass of washing, dip your cloth into the clean water to rinse out the soap and dirt, then dip it back into the soapy water.
- Work top to bottom. Start washing from the top of your car and work your way down, one panel at a time.
If you follow these tips, then you will soon have a bright and shiny vehicle in your driveway in no time.
Driving in the snow might be difficult for some local residents, likely because we rarely see snow or ice in Southwest Louisiana. However, many may have been shocked this year by recent weather patterns, but there’s no reason to worry. We at Nissan of Lake Charles have created a list of the top Nissan vehicles for driving in the snow to keep you safe and in control.
First, check out the Nissan Frontier. The Frontier is America’s most affordable pickup, and though smaller than the Titan and Titan XD, it’s great for getting around in the winter. As noted by Nissan, There are multiple engine options, offering up to 261 horsepower, as well as an optional Desert Runner trim that’s great for harsh weather and terrain. Bilstein® off-road shocks keep you comfortable, and snow-rated all-terrain tires will provide traction.
Next, consider the previously-mentioned Nissan Titan or Titan XD. With a little weight in the bed of your truck, you’ll be driving like a professional in the Titan whether there’s rain, snow, or sunny skies. The Titan has extensive safety, but it also has convenient features like all-season floor mats to keep the interior nice, an available advanced 4×4 system, and off-road performance shocks.
Finally, the Nissan Rogue, Murano, Pathfinder, and Armada are also great options for winter driving. SUVs often come with 4×4 systems to prevent you from getting stuck in the snow, and wide stances keep you stable on the roads. Test drive any one of these Nissan models today to see just how great it can handle in rough conditions.
Lake Charles currently stands as the Festival Capital of Louisiana and holds more than 75 events each year. As people get into the swing of things for the fall season, there are more than enough October festivals planned to suit everyone’s desires. Here are some October festivals in Lake Charles that will make this fall one to remember!
The Lost Hollows Haunted Attraction
The Lost Hollows Haunted Attraction features some of the spookiest outdoor haunts in all of Louisiana. Family owned and operated, the attraction features trails that are bound to add a fright to your night. Visitors can walk the trails (if they dare) on Friday and Saturday, now through Halloween.
Lake Charles Film & Music Festival
The 6th Annual Lake Charles Film & Music Festival takes place from October 6th to the 8th at the Central School Arts and Humanities Center. Sponsored by Louisiana Film & Video Art, Inc., the festival features independent films, special film screenings, and educational workshops designed to inspire.
Real Zombie Hunt Outdoor Adventure
The Real Zombie Hunt Outdoor Adventure kicks off on October 13th and continues each Friday and Saturday through October 28th. The attraction is held at Bayou Games Paintball Complex. Visitors can take part in laser tag and a haunted paintball trail. Climb aboard the Bayou Battle Wagon and enter the woods armed with a gun turret.
We here at Nissan of Lake Charles hope to see you out and about this fall!
Emergencies happen, just as accidents do. That’s why it pays to keep an emergency kit in your vehicle. But when you’re driving a small sedan, you don’t have much space for tools that might really come in handy later. That’s one reason why a spacious SUV like the Nissan Armada is ideal for family travel. Not only is there plenty of room for your emergency kit, but there’s also lots of space left over for cargo like bicycles, sporting equipment, or extra passengers. When thinking about things to pack in your SUV, here are five things you should always keep in the back of your Nissan Armada SUV.
Having a shovel on hand can save you from getting stuck at work, school, or elsewhere in a snowstorm.
Water and Snacks
Keeping bottled water and non-perishable snacks on hand will come in handy in nearly all emergency situations.
Cat litter actually serves as the perfect, lightweight tool for traction if your SUV gets stuck.
Tow Strap or Tow Rope
A Nissan Armada from Nissan of Lake Charles can tow up to 8,500, but that’s not helpful if you don’t have the correct strap to handle the job.
It may seem just a little excessive, but if you or someone around you happens to need a fire extinguisher at some point, you’ll be grateful you have it at the ready.
Tax season is officially here, and if you’re like most Americans, you will be getting a tax refund this year. If you’re looking to make the most of your money, come spend your tax refund at Nissan of Lake Charles. Here are three ways to maximize the use you get from your refund.
- Down payment. Depending on the amount of your tax refund, it could go a long way towards funding a sizable down payment on a great new or used car. The larger your down payment, the smaller your car loan and monthly payments will be.
- Accessories. Make your car even more exciting with some new accessories. Get some quality floor mats, amped-up performance parts, premium seats, or a new sounds system.
- Repairs. If you’re not looking to buy a new car, but your current one needs some work, use your tax refund to pay for any needed repairs. Remove some dents, get a good tune up, get a thorough detailing, and anything else your car needs to make it look, feel, and smell like new again.
Whatever your car needs are, here at Nissan of Lake Charles, we will help you make the best use of your tax refund dollars.
Have the holidays left you in a funk? Whether you were stressed out by family, overindulged in too many seasonal goodies, or are trying to make this upcoming year better than the last – here are some tips to start the New Year right.
- Start a new sleep routine, and stick to it. To get a proper amount of sleep every night, consistency is key. Winding down the same time each night and waking the same time each morning will set your body’s natural rhythm.
- Consider practicing yoga, which will not only provide you with the meditation you may need to de-stress but also will start you off on a mild exercise routine.
- Similarly, as cliché as it may sound, make your New Year’s resolution related to the gym. Getting in shape will make you happier as well as healthier.
- If you feel monetarily drained from buying presents this year, start saving more money, by putting a small portion of all your earnings into a savings account.
- Lastly, pick up a new hobby, ideally one with a creative outlet, such as cooking, which can aid you in your healthy quest.
For more tips, or to start the New Year out with the new car of your dreams, stop by and visit us anytime at Nissan of Lake Charles, where we would love to see you!