The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has spoken: the 2017 Nissan Maxima is one of the safest new vehicles on the road. In fact, the IIHS named the new Nissan Maxima—as well as the new Nissan Altima and Nissan Rogue—a “Top Safety Pick+,” the institute’s highest honor.
This means that the new Nissan Maxima scored the “Good” rating in all of the IIHS’s “Top Safety Pick” test categories and that it excelled in categories such as front crash prevention. New Maxima models with Forward Emergency Braking scored best.
Forward Emergency Braking prevents forward collisions with sensors that can tell if there is a pedestrian, another vehicle, or some other object in front of the Maxima, automatically engaging the brakes even if the driver hasn’t yet noticed the danger.
The new Nissan Maxima comes with many other automatic features, including Intelligent Cruise Control, Blind Spot Warning, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert – each of which aim to address problems that drivers may not notice.
Want to learn more about the Nissan Maxima safety ratings or perhaps even take the new vehicle out on a test drive? Contact us or simply visit us anytime at Nissan of Lake Charles.
Have the holidays left you in a funk? Whether you were stressed out by family, overindulged in too many seasonal goodies, or are trying to make this upcoming year better than the last – here are some tips to start the New Year right.
- Start a new sleep routine, and stick to it. To get a proper amount of sleep every night, consistency is key. Winding down the same time each night and waking the same time each morning will set your body’s natural rhythm.
- Consider practicing yoga, which will not only provide you with the meditation you may need to de-stress but also will start you off on a mild exercise routine.
- Similarly, as cliché as it may sound, make your New Year’s resolution related to the gym. Getting in shape will make you happier as well as healthier.
- If you feel monetarily drained from buying presents this year, start saving more money, by putting a small portion of all your earnings into a savings account.
- Lastly, pick up a new hobby, ideally one with a creative outlet, such as cooking, which can aid you in your healthy quest.
For more tips, or to start the New Year out with the new car of your dreams, stop by and visit us anytime at Nissan of Lake Charles, where we would love to see you!